Love engaging with people online? Eager to work with a non-profit organization centered on horticulture and inclusion? Join the Guelph Enabling team as a volunteer!
About the Guelph Enabling Garden
The Guelph Enabling Garden (GEG) is a multi-use garden designed for everyone; for children, the elderly, and families of all types, but especially for those community members with varying degrees of physical and cognitive abilities. Our Garden is specifically designed to enable people to enjoy the full range of benefits that gardening can provide.
Social media is a critical part of the way we communicate with clients, volunteers, and all visitors to the Garden. We’re looking for an individual who is familiar with creating social media content. You’ll be helping the Communications Coordinator represent the Guelph Enabling Garden online by creating interesting posts.
This role will include generating social media post ideas, researching science/garden facts, writing the captions and/or creating the graphics in Canva. The primary responsibility will be to promote the weekly “Tea ‘n’ Tales” storytelling events throughout the summer, but there may be opportunities to do other tasks if you are interested in contributing more hours or staying on long term.
As a social media volunteer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with the Communications Coordinator to create social media content and/or graphics, primarily promoting “Tea ‘n’ Tales” and other summer programming
- Practice your social media content creation skills
- Contribute to and learn from a local Guelph-based registered charity
- Advance the GEG’s mission in creating an inclusive garden space
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to research content on the Internet
- Ability to meet occasionally on Zoom
- Knowledge of hashtags, tagging, and other social media best practices an asset
- An interest in horticulture, horticultural therapy, and/or storytelling is an asset
- Experience with Canva is an asset
Have most but not all of these qualifications? We encourage you to apply anyway!
The Garden values the diverse and intersectional identities of its volunteers, staff, and community members. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including applicants who identify as Indigenous, Black, racialized, people with disabilities, women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
The Guelph Enabling Garden is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any application, interview, or workplace accommodation requests, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We estimate around 5 hours per week (virtual), from May to October 2022 (or longer!). Let’s have a conversation about how we can work in a way that complements your schedule.
Ready to Apply?
Email Valerie with your interest at email@example.com. Introduce yourself, share your motivation for applying and attach a resume if you have one.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an accessible PDF version of this job posting, please download below: