The Guelph Enabling Garden is run and maintained through the invaluable work of our volunteers and we’re always welcoming new people! There are numerous ways you can get involved with the Garden, whether you want to get your hands in the dirt or help with planning, there’s always a place for new people.
There are many benefits of volunteering with us:
- it’s a great way to meet new people
- an opportunity to socialize
- learn about gardening if you’re new to it
- share your expertise with plants & gardening
- help others in your community
- enjoy the gardening process from planting to harvest
- learn about community organizing & policy planning
Volunteering In the Garden
In-Garden volunteers can have a wide-variety of opportunities, depending on what you’re
interested in, including:
- welcoming visitors to the Garden and guide tours
- maintain the gardens and grounds, including planting, watering and weeding
- assist with workshops and clients
- help host special events
- help with fundraising
- share their knowledge / learn about gardening
- work with a team to help create a beautiful space
If you’d like to volunteer in the garden, please contact Wendy at email@example.com or 519-831-5419.
Volunteering on the Board of Directors
The Board of Directors works on a collaborative-structure to organize the larger issues of the garden. We’re a friendly, welcoming bunch of people who meet monthly to discuss such topics as:
- budget planning
- policy initiatives
- fundraising goals
- assessing current and future needs within the garden
- expansion planning
- event planning (such as socials, volunteer appreciation, plant sales, etc)
- networking and outreach
If you’d like to join the Board of Directors, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becoming a Client
If you’d like to become a client of the Garden, please visit our Client Information page or email email@example.com.